|Find somehone who... Name
1. ... has a lot of free time ___________________
2. ... has to rush in the morning because they don't have a lot of time ___________________
3. ... likes to get ready slowly and n a relaxed way before the go out ___________________
4. ... has a hobby which needs a lot of time ___________________
5. ... has a boss/teacher/parent who makes their life difficult ___________________
6. ... likes to get a little drunk, but not too often ___________________
7. ... plays sudoku or does crosswords to pass long, boring hours at the airport ___________________
8. ...likes to arrive at work/school before the start time ___________________
|The expressions are:
to kill (the) time
be pressed for time
take your time
take (up) time
have time to spare
from time to time
give someone a hard time
have time on your hands
|Put an idiom in each gap:
1) Customer: I'm sorry, we're not ready to order yet.
Waiter: That's all right, madam, Just ___________________.
2) When I was a teenager, my parents used to _____________________ whenever I came home late.
3) I go out for a run _______________________, but I'd like to go more often.
4) I have to wait ten hours between flights. How on earth am I going to __________________?
5) Learning a language ____________________________, you can't do it in a week!
6) I can't talk right now - I'm a bit ____________________. Let's talk later.
7) We got to the stadium with just five minutes ______________________.
8) Now that I'm unemployed, I have quite a lot of ______________________.
|1. On a typical day, are you ever pressed for time?
2. When shopping do you prefer to buy things as quickly as possible or do you prefer to take your time?
3. If you're at a train/bus station, airport, in a long queue or on a long journey, what are your favourite ways to kill the
4. What tasks/activities take up the most time in your life?
5. Do you like to get to your appointments with time to spare?
6. When you were a teenager, did you parents give you a hard time if you came home late?
7. Everyone should do something crazy from time to time. Do you agree?
8. Do you think it's good to have a lot of time on your hands? What are your favourite ways of filling your free time?
|For more idioms go to: