IATEFL's Mission & Vision
With over 4,000 members IATEFL is one of the most thriving communities of ELT teachers in the world.
Our mission to “Link, develop and support English Language Teaching professionals” worldwide is achieved through:
IATEFL – become a member!!
- Regular publications, including six copies of our magazine IATEFL Voices and a free conference selections publication.
- The Annual International Conference with an extensive programme of talks and workshops, which attracts over 2,000 delegates.
- Fourteen Special Interest Groups to help teachers develop their own lines of interest.
- Reduced rates on a number of selected professional journals.
- Funding support through Scholarships so that deserving teachers can get involved in our Annual Conference, SIG events and online courses.
- Links with Teachers' Associations in other countries for teachers to share knowledge and experience.
- Assistance in helping new groups to establish their own a local Teachers' Association, including advice on how they can make the most of support and funding benefits.
MATEFL is an Associate Member of IATEFL.
Membership with IATEFL offers you:
· Contact with EFL teachers around the world
· An annual conference and exhibition at membership rates
· An opportunity to join any of the 15 Special Interest Groups (SIGS)
· Discounted periodicals
· IATEFL Voices newsletter 6 times a year
Current MATEFL members can benefit from discounted IATEFL membership:
The basic membership is £22.00. Memberships to SIGs are optional and are an additional £20.00 per SIG (both in Sterling). The fee can be paid directly to IATEFL by cheque, credit/debit card, bank draft, or bank transfer. The details for these payment methods are found on the application form. The application form must be submitted to MATEFL in order for the Associate discount to be used.
To ask for more information and an application form, please get in touch with Jean Theuma on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org